10 Teacher Gift Ideas:
Here come the holidays – ready or not. It’s that time of the year when we start making lists of all the people we want to buy gifts for and then start generating ideas. The teachers in our lives are some of the most important people and it’s always nice to get them a special gift. We all know how hard teachers work (and for how little) so a little gift goes a long way to make our teachers feel special during the Holidays (an extra crazy time of the year for them).
I have compiled a list of some great gifts you could give to the teachers in your life – be it your child’s teacher, a teacher neighbor or a teacher friend/family member.
Teacher Gift Ideas for the Holidays, Christmas or Just Any Old Time!
1.Chocolate & Flowers: I mean seriously – you can’t go wrong! Anything with that yummy cocoa bean will go a long way toward getting a teacher through the holiday season. Also flowers are always a special treat. It doesn’t have to be Valentine’s Day to give flowers.
2. Coffee: Teachers love coffee – it’s how we survive most days. Treat teachers to a box of K-cups, a bag of coffee or a coffee shop gift card. This coffee cup from WeeStructed.com would make a nice treat!
3. Adult Coloring Books: You’ve already heard all the rage about adult coloring. You can read The Top 10 Reasons Why Adults Should Have Their Own Adult Coloring Books and also read about how adult coloring can be great Art Therapy for Teachers. Both articles have free coloring page samples you can download right away. Or get my Adult Coloring Book Pop Art Contemporary Designs: Life’s Little Luxuries and really make your gift POP! Of course I’m featuring my adult coloring book for you but you can find adult coloring books anywhere and everywhere these days and adults and teachers absoltuely love the “therapy” relaxation time.
4. Markers & Colored Pencils: It’s a real treat to use nice art supplies when you color or doodle. Spoil your teacher with a set of Prismacolor markers or colored pencils to go along with an adult coloring book. This treat will make teachers feel special to have their own adult coloring supplies. Here are two of my favorite Prismacolor sets. I have no affiliation with Prismacolor – I just love their products – teachers will to!
5. Office Supplies: Teachers love office supplies – treat them to new post-it-notes, pens, pencils, and other fun office supplies. I like to buy a cute box and fill it up with goodies. This can be done at just about any store and you’ll find so many cute things to treat teachers with. This teacher gift will certainly put a smile on their face. Take it an extra step and get some personalized stationary for teachers like this cute notepad I found on Etsy (click on the image to see).
..and let’s not forget fun gadgets of technology. Every teacher loves to take pictures in their classroom and this * Selfie Ring Light is a great way to help those pictures come out perfect every time! 6. TPT Gift Certificate: Most likely the teacher you are purchasing a gift for spends a lot of their own money purchasing extra resources online and around the community for their class. Most teachers purchase supplemental materials and curriculum lessons from Teachers Pay Teachers. Give your favorite teacher a TPT gift card and you’ll really make their day. Click HERE or on the image below to get your teacher gift in any amount that fits your budget.
This gift will be a double gift. When you purchase from Teachers Pay Teachers you are also supporting the hard working teachers who create the resources on the site. The gift card will allow your teacher gift to be spent on any store on www.teacherspayteachers.com.
7. Scentsy Burner: Recently scentsy released an adorable burner with colored pencils on it. It is the perfect gift for teachers. Especially the artistic/creative type that would love the other ideas in this list of teacher gifts. I have this burner and I love it (it goes great with my favorite scent – luna). See the colored pencil burner here or by clicking on the image below.
8. A New Novel: Let’s face it teachers do not have time to read – at least not for fun. Teachers work around the clock and if they are reading it’s probably work related – teaching pedagogy type stuff. With the holiday break coming teachers would love to snuggle up with a good book and truly relax during the holidays. I recommend buying a copy of a recent book you enjoyed reading and then writing something sweet inside. Something like…
“Thank you for all you do for my child, I hope you can find some time this holiday break to snuggle up with a good book and relax – you deserve it! I love this one – I hope you will too!”
~ Sincerely, So and So’s mommy/daddy
Don’t over think it. Don’t worry about what “type” of books they like. Just get them something you love and share that with them. The sweet note inside will be worth it all.
9. A Teacher Apron: Teachers are trendy and like to look cute. Buy a teacher a cute apron from Etsy or some other place. By “teacher apron” I don’t mean that it has to have child hand prints all over it or crayons or anything like that. I mean cute stuff like the aprons my teacher friends are wearing…
I love making aprons – if you like to sew making your own apron is a blast. Aprons don’t have to really “fit” so you don’t have to worry about being perfect with your sewing skills (that’s a good thing when it comes to my sewing skills). You can easily find cute aprons like these by searching online. See more aprons I’ve made HERE.
10. Pampering: If all else fails you can always pamper a teacher (or anyone right?!). A great teacher gift idea is to purchase salon services such as a manicure or pedicure. If you know of a good massage therapist you might get your teacher a session to have a nice long relaxing massage. Nice lotions, perfumes or essential oils will go a long way to showing a teacher that you care about them and realize how hard they work for your child.
BONUS: No matter what teacher gift you decide to go with make sure you combine your teacher gift with a sweet handmade card from your child to show your child’s teacher how much they care. They will treasure anything you give them – so don’t fret too much. Just to know they were thought of and added to the “nice list” will make a teacher happy!
See my “Teacher Gift Ideas” Pinterest Board for more ideas!
Follow Art with Jenny K’s board Teacher Gift Ideas on Pinterest.
Pin this image for later…
Thanks for reading. Happy shopping!
*Art with Jenny K. LLC is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com